|Date Posted||19. February 2019|
IndeeWork is one of the upcoming smart service startups in Europe. We help companies to leverage data in order to optimize and automate their field service planning. As a result, service workers arrive in time, energy parks are maintained more efficiently and the upkeep of city infrastructure is executed in a way that public life is interrupted as little as possible.
With the excitement of a rapidly growing customer base of international enterprises in the telecommunication, infrastructure and energy sector, we are looking for you to be an integral part of a striving company.
A few buzzwords are needed, of course: Our core tech know-how lies within the fields of Big Data, Geospatial Data, Artificial Intelligence and Optimization.
- You will work on backend microservices related to our scheduling product. This not only includes our data layer, machine learning and optimization component.
- You will develop ideas for new product features and be responsible to stage them from the local concept to the cloud based production.
- You will implement product features mainly based on NodeJS, but also Java/Scala, Python, including automated tests.
- You will integrate your features with a modern open source based technology stack.
- You will tightly work together and share ideas and knowledge with the other team members.
- Education and experience
- Bachelor/Master in Computer Science (or similar) or alternatively two or more years of professional experience in Software Engineering
- Advanced experience with NodeJS, Java SE/Scala
- Basic experience with Python
- Agile development based on Scrum/Kanban
- Knowledge of Linux based operating systems and shell/bash scripting
- Solid understanding of Git
- Technologies - you should have a passion for some of the following
- Open Source middleware components i.e. for messaging, streaming, caching, proxying, big data processing, ETL, AI, optimization, NoSQL databases
- Modern CI/CD pipeline, including Docker/Kubernetes
- Testing frameworks like Jest
- Motivated to bring in new ideas, drive tasks to completion and take ownership of topics
- Flexibility - we work in a highly dynamic and evolving environment
- Open minded and tolerant
- English writing and speaking (team members speak English and German)
- Ready to run through a continuous innovation process. This is a lot of fun and perfect possibility to enhance your current strengths or develop new ones, but also requires some additional nerves sometimes 🙂
What we offer:
- The possibility to work together with other enthusiasts on a highly scalable solution, influencing the way future cities are maintained.
- A competitive salary and flexible work times in an enjoyable, diverse and arty office inside the world famous Leipzig Cotton Mill.
- You will be part of a young and small team, combining cutting edge tech expertise with the speed, creativity and freedom of an agile startup.
- You will be able to take responsibilities throughout the whole software engineering pipeline, both in contractual work and product development, enabling you to bring your own ideas directly to end users.
- Dynamic startup environment where your motivation and energy makes a difference – we learn something new every day, so can you!
- As part of the SpinLab community, we will help you relocate to Leipzig if needed, to make your first steps as smooth as possible.
- A network of renowned startups, mentors, companies and universities.
Sounds like the kind of atmosphere you would work well in? We're looking forward to receiving your application via this platform or email@example.com!
We are looking forward to meeting you!