|Date Posted||26. March 2019|
Marketing & PR
Internship / Student assistant
Octagon is redefining student recruitment. It offers a game changing solution that replaces traditional resume and cover letter screening with a challenge-based approach that measures role-relevant candidate competencies, and levels the playing field by removing bias through anonymizing applications. Octagon provides feedback to every student, equips universities with data on their students‘ performance, and makes recruitment more efficient for corporate employers.
We are an international team of business, recruitment, legal and software experts, committed to bridging the gap between what students know, what corporates want them to know and what post-secondary institutions teach them. At the moment, we are part of the HHL SpinLab Accelerator program, located within Leipzig’s creative and inspiring Cotton Mill. It is a fantastic environment, in which we are building and testing our MVP. Join us during this exciting phase!
You will shape Octagon Career's marketing and business development strategy as a key member of our young and fast growing team. You will demonstrate a strong ability to work independently towards hard deadlines. As an enthusiastic team player you will collaborate closely with our founders and take on initiative in order to pave the way for the successful market launch of our SaaS by:
- Conducting analysis and developing our marketing strategy focusing on performance-oriented online marketing activities to increase the visibility and traffic on our website and online media channels
- Producing viral marketing content (e.g blog articles, social media posts, infographics) and optimizing our marketing performance
- Conducting analysis on best practices for business development / selling in the industry
- Additional responsibilities to be determined based on your desired development areas
We expect a promising candidate to have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (German is a bonus!)
- A degree or be enrolled in a degree in Business and Management, in Media, in Marketing or in a related field, or otherwise to demonstrate a strong track record in these fields of expertise
- An interest in innovative student recruitment solutions
- Desire to work with an early-stage start-up and an international team
- Ability to work well in ambiguous situations and highly adaptable
What We Can Offer
- The chance to shape integral decisions that are vital to our company’s success
- Opportunity to work directly with founders, and be part of truly interesting projects
- A vibrant work environment at the heart of Leipzig’s creative scene with a variety of perks
The Application Process
We are practicing what we preach and using our proprietary process to evaluate candidates! As we are in the process of building our MVP, we will be conducting our Internship Challenge primarily in person, simulating the experience that candidates will have through the platform. To get you started on our process, we DO NOT REQUIRE A RESUME OR COVER LETTER. We require the following:
- Send an email to email@example.com containing:
- Field of study
- Completed answers to the following task:
- Read this article: http://strategyonline.ca/2018/07/31/reitmans-gets-inspired-by-its-customers/
- Answer these questions:
- What is the mission of this brand? (max 100 words)
- What age group is their primary target? (max 50 words)
- How could they better appeal to millennials? (max 150 words)
Please submit your application by April 19th!
Note: at the moment, we are considering applicants who have a mandatory internship (Pflichtpraktikum) as part of their academic studies. Feel free to reach out to us if you have an alternative proposition and we can look into it!