|Date Posted||15. November 2019|
IndeeWork is an exciting smart-city startup from Leipzig with branch offices in Stuttgart and Berlin. Our data-driven software is backed by artificial intelligence and helps companies optimise and automate their field service scheduling. Service technicians arrive on time, technical infrastructure is maintained efficiently and resources are used in a clever way. Help us design the resource-efficient urban communities of the future.
We are a remote first company with 20+ teammates from a multitude of locations, lifestyles and backgrounds. It’s our differences that make us interesting, and our shared belief in our core values that binds us together. Our culture is guided by respect, transparency, collaboration, direct feedback and continuous learning.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and driven Senior Java Software Engineer who is keen to take responsibility for the full development lifecycle of our SaaS product.
Our team is multi-skilled and incredibly flexible, so you will have the opportunity to shape your role and responsibilities as we grow. Are you an open-minded person with a knack for detail? Are you looking for a chance to rapidly grow and get the most out of your skills? Then you might just be the perfect fit for us.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or similar
- 5+ years experience working with Java
- Good knowledge of Agile processes
- You know the difference between git merge and git rebase
- You feel at ease with Linux-based operating systems and shell (Bash) scripting
- Knowledge of Gradle, Spring, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ and/or Redis is a plus, but not a must
As our new Senior Java Software Engineer, you will …
- Extend and improve the algorithms of our highly complex scheduling process
- Work closely with our data science team to implement AI techniques into our optimization system
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Be responsible for maintaining code quality, organization, and automation
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Review code of other team members
- Work in an Agile and CI/CD environment
The perks of working for IndeeWork?
- Rapidly develop your skills in a small team of motivated people who will share their expertise with you
- Advance your career: Come join our team even if you haven’t been in a Senior role before
- Work on cutting-edge technology in a dynamic startup environment where your motivation and energy make a real difference
- Benefit from a competitive salary and an inspiring, diverse and artsy office.
- Enjoy the support of a network of renowned startups, mentors, companies and universities who have your back
- You can work remotely or from our office in world-famous Leipziger Baumwollspinnerei (Leipzig Cotton Mill)
- Get help from us if you would like to relocate to Leipzig
Simply drop us an email with your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org